Monday, January 25, 2010
Incomplete mourning
While watching the video in class on friday they discussed how the Armenians are in "incomplete mourning" due to the tragedies of the genocide. The video said that the Armenians cannot be relieved until people realize what happened to them. As we learned in english class the first day of this semester it is not a very well known in our generation. At first I thought that this lack of knowledge might be because there aren't any national holidays. I quickly learned that this is not true, April 24 is worldwide Armenian Genocide Memorial day. Then I figured that it could be because there aren't any national parks or museums like we have for the Holocaust or World War II. I found that there is a museum and memorial complex in Yerevan, there is to my knowledge no current museum in the USA. However, there is the Armenian Genocide Museum of American being built in Washington D.C. They are aiming to open the museum in 2011. There is also group of people trying to build a memorial park in Boston. Hopefully these two projects will help to make the genocide more well known and help the Armenian people to overcome there mourning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment