Monday, March 15, 2010
Different Stories
We have read many books this quarter about the Jews that were sent to the work and death camps but I wonder what happens to the other people that were sent to the camps. People with disabilities, physical or mental handicaps, political prisoners, and prisoners of war. In history we learned a little about how Germany took in something like 5 million Russian prisoners of war and only 3 million survived. We also got a brief glimpse during Night of a French woman that had been brought to the camp but we did not get a great view of her treatment. Only that they treated her similarly to the Jewish men. Also we learned that the Nazis treated the Polish war prisoners terribly but they treated the Jewish war prisoners even worse but still not as horrendously as the regular Jews. But, what happens to the rebellious German communists and people that did not follow Hitlers government style. Sure I've seen the movie Valkyrie but that was made up and if I remember correctly it didn't really show what ended up happening to Tom Cruise's character. I feel that their stories may not have been told or sympathized with as much as they should be. They could have suffered atrocities just as bad as those of the Jews, but their story has not been as widely told.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment