Wednesday, March 3, 2010

History Movie

Yesterday, in history class, Mr. Holubar showed us a movie about Nazi Germany. The film showed very significant images, such as Hitler's speech. I was amazed at how everyone bought into his plan. His speech made the whole crowd jump into the air and scream for Nazi Germany. After seeing that movie, I watched some Holocaust videos on the internet, and in those videos were some pictures of corpses from the concentration camps. After watching all this, I for the first time during this course, began to really think about what I have now and how it could be taken away like that, which was what the Jews had to go through during Hitler's reign. I really began to appreciate everything that I have. The fact that I live in a country as great as the United States, and the family that I have, I am truly lucky to be in the situation that I am.

1 comment:

  1. While I appreciate your comment Mr. Malek, I would like to point something out to you. How are Americans any different than the Nazi Germans at the rallies. Just go on Youtube and watch any of the convention speeches. The entire crowd of Americans goes absolute crazy at whatever the speaker says. Most odds are however that the people do not completely "buy" into what they say, instead they feel passion for their party. I entirely agree with you when you say that you are happy to live in America. Viva democracy!

    ReplyDelete