I found an article in which certain people claimed that Paul Rusesabagina is not such a hero as he was made out to be. I personally disagree with these accusations, but I thought it might be an intersting article to analyze.
President Kagame, who led the Tutsi rebels during the genocide, is one who criticizes Paul. Paul replied that Kagame was jealous of the limelight. Much of the criticism directed at Paul seems to arise from his differences with the current government. He denounces the local defense, a current Tutsi militia group. He also claims that the Tutsis have not been rightly punished for their war crimes and that another genocide, now led by Tutsis, is possible.
Some accuse Rusesabagina of taking money from his charitable organisation, saying that the money it receives does not help the survivors of the genocide as it is made out to be. He denies this, and says that it goes to other humanitarian organisations and that he himself may not go to Rwanda because of a government campaign against him.
Pasa Mwenenganucye, who inspired the character Gregoire, also criticized Paul, denouncing the movie as a falsehood or a basket of lies although I do not know how credible his account of the story could be. He accused Paul of kicking out hotel guests that could not pay, which Paul denies.
Here is a link to the article.
www.reuters.com/article/idUSLO4209686
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment