Saturday, May 29, 2010
Words
Although I wrote my essay about this I feel like I should do a blog post about it too. Through this corse we have learned a lot of things but for me the most important and shocking is really the power that they have. We saw from the beginning that people that have been through a lot need to express themselves (most of the time using words). We have also seen the power that words have on people such as in hotel rwanda when the Hutus used their hate radio to try and eliminate the tutsis. Through words they were able to create frenzies and to kill of almost all of the Tutsies. As we watched The Lives Of Others it became apparent that the East german government didn't want his work to be publicized because of the power of his words. So I wonder; why are words so powerful?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment